Cost of Living
It depends on one’s lifestyle. But just a rough idea as per me for single person sharing accommodation (as of Jan 2020).
- Rent + broadband + energy + broadband bills = £300 - £450 (depending on size of room facilities like ensuite/storage).
- Grocery = £80-100 (own cooking)
- Eating out = £50-100
- Bus travel within city range = £50-70
- Car maintenance/ insurance / petrol/ MOT = £ 150 - £200
- Hair cut/ barber = £10-20
- Mobile = £10-30 depending on plan
- Misc = £100
As per my experience average cost of living for a family with kids is around £1100-£1300.
Note: You have to account for additional India travel as extra.
· TV license fee = optional £145 per year
· TV packages = £20-50 optional
· Gym membership = £20-40
Also you can use below site to compare your current cost of living with Belfast and other city.
For tax calculation can use google or https://www.uktaxcalculators.co.uk/